Bird Specialties from Europe and Asia
Majestic Altai Mountains and scenic Mongolian Lakes
Western Mongolia is a special birding region as it hosts bird specialties from Europe and Asia. This is the best chance to experience the birding adventure in majestic Altai High Mountains and largest lakes in Mongolia.
Starting from Siberian boreal forest, this birding trip will explore the most famous wildlife sites in Mongolian steppes, Gobi Desert, and High Mountains in search of wide variety of characteristic bir
d species including Altai Snowcock, White-headed Duck, Asian Dowitcher, Pallas’s and Relict Gulls, Pallas’s Sandgrouse, Amur Falcon, Kozlov’s and Altai Accentors, White-headed and Masked Wagtails, Red-throated Thrush, Chinese Bush Warbler, Azure Tit, Henderson’s Ground Jay (or Mongolian), Saxaul Sparrow, Père David’s Snowfinch, Demoiselle and White-naped Cranes, Swan and Bar-headed Geese, and Pallas’s Bunting and many more.
With many years of travelling for exploration of birds in Mongolia, our highly experienced expert guides from Mongolian Ornithological Society will help you discover all the priorities in the famous wildlife sites in the country. Our highly skilled travel crew will take care of you for giving you the great memories and fantastic birding experience which should be never forgotten!
Highlights of this birding trip:
- More than 200 bird species, over 30 mammals, 10 reptiles and amphibians
- Travel with highly skilled travel crew and experienced expert guides
- Discover the land of blue sky driving through gloriously scenic landscapes
- Explore fascinating bird specialties in a wide variety of ecosystems including Siberian boreal forest (or taiga), Mongolian steppes, Central Asian freshwater lakes, Altai, Gobi Altai, Khangai, Khentii High Mountains, and Gobi Desert.
- Visit Mongolian nomadic herders, known as descendants of Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan) and get a taste of their lifestyle
- Horse/camel trek will be extra experience