Eastern Marsh Harrier, Oriental Plover, Northern Parrotbill, Yellow-breasted and Japanese Buntings
Starting from Siberian boreal forest, this birding trip will take you to the most famous wildlife sites in Eastern Mongolian Plateau, freshwater lakes and river woodlands in search of wide variety of characteristic birds including Siberian and White-naped Cranes, Relict Gull, Eastern Marsh, Northern, and Pied Harrier, Oriental Plover, Grey-headed Lapwing, Northern Parrotbill, Japanese Grassbird, Chinese Grey Shrike, Yellow-breasted and Japanese Buntings and many more.
With many years of travelling for exploration of birds in Mongolia, our highly experienced expert guides from Mongolian Ornithological Society will help you discover all the priorities in the famous wildlife sites in the country. Our highly skilled travel crew will take care of you for giving you the great memory and fantastic birding experience which should be never forgotten!
- Highlights of this birding trip:
Most sought-after bird species including Siberian and White-naped Cranes, Relict Gull, Eastern Marsh Harrier, Oriental Plover, Grey-headed Lapwing, Northern Parrotbill, Japanese Grassbird, Chinese Grey Shrike, Yellow-breasted and Japanese Buntings and many more.
- Travel with highly skilled travel crew and experienced expert guides
- Discover the land of blue sky driving through gloriously scenic landscapes
- Explore fascinating bird specialties in a wide variety of ecosystems including Siberian boreal forest (or taiga), Eastern Mongolian Plateau, freshwater lakes, and marshlands
- Visit Mongolian nomadic herders, known as descendants of Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan) and get a taste of their lifestyle
- Horse/camel trek will be extra experience
Day 1. Ulaanbaatar City & Tuul River Valley
Day 2. Choibalsan Town & Kherlen River Valley
Day 3-4. Buir Lake through Eastern Mongolian Plateau
Day 5-6. Khalkh Gol Valley
Day 7-8. Ikh Tashgai Lakes
Day 9. Buir Lake